Thursday 11 February 2016

Foley Analysis (SoundWorks Collection: Gary Hecker - Veteran Foley Artist from Michael Coleman)



This is a video that me and Fabian both discovered. It explains how to prepare and create Foley sounds. I found this really useful as from our first task with foleying I found it slightly difficult and my actual output wasn't too good, so I was looking for tips on how to Foley and I came across this video. Gary Hecker states that “timing and a huge creative mind” is key to foleying, and this has taught me to experiment with different sounds as it is difficult to find the right sound effect you need by foleying unless you test a few pieces of equipment and use them in different ways. I will use his methods for when I do my foleying sounds. I've also realised that you usually can not create the effect you want by foleying 1 sound as he had to record multiple parts to get the sound he wanted and then layered them up to get his final product.

I Do Not Own Any Of This Footage It belongs to Michael Coleman
SoundWorks Collection: Gary Hecker - Veteran Foley Artist from Michael Coleman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment