Thursday 28 January 2016

Dark Blues #2 (Word Up Studios)-OTS


For this piece of experimentation I use the pervious version of the 'Dark Blues' soundtrack and add different layers I added lower notes to represent a dark mood and changed the dynamics in some parts to build up tension in parts, I was considering to add other parts such as guitar parts as they can give a dark sound and they feature in both of my inspiration pieces.

Me Working On Dark Blues
I used some generic features of blues in this piece using 7th chords and using the blues scale, as well as keeping it slow paced and parts which are off beat. But using these features in a different way to make it sound dark to tie in with our film noir soundscape.





Different Layers For Dark Blues
For recording this soundtrack I used Ableton as it gives me a variety of different effects and instruments in needed to create the soundtrack and add different timbres to give a dark atmosphere and mood. I think the next one I could add a guitar part and a drums, but to add inspiration from a blues drums track to stick with the stylistic features of blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment