Wednesday 6 January 2016

Nightmare #1 (Word Up Studios)-OTS

This is my first attempt at writing the soundtrack to our Opening title sequence, Jack gave me a couple stimulants to come up with a piece, as he is writing the script thus we wanted it all to fit in well. Jack wanted me write a slow sombre pieces. I recorded this pice on Ableton and recorded a string quartet (contrabass, cello, viola and violin). I experimented with pitch on having the contrabass (a low pitched instrument) playing a held note to create a sense of anticipation then gradually building up the texture and changing the dynamic ranges to give a sombre mood. I also added some dissonance to give a dark atmosphere as it is many for the nightmare scene.
Here's What I Got Inspiration From:







No comments:

Post a Comment